What can I do if I am affected?
What should I pay attention to in the context of sexting?
- Generally we advise you not to send naked or half naked pictures of you as once sent, you don´t have the control anymore who gets to see the photo.
- Best you make sure that neither genitals nor you face are recognizable on the photo.
- Only send photos which you would feel comfortable with if other people than the receiver would also see them.
- Think about possible consequences in the future. Whether you would feel ashamed in future or if such photos could disadvantage you in your professional life.
- If a picture of you is in circulation without your approval talk to a person you can trust in order to discuss possible measures (such as contacting the internet provider and claim the deletion of the photo).